Monday, April 11, 2011

You win some, you lose some


Winter pros:
  • ·         Sometimes it’s beautiful (see the Hoar Frost post)
  • ·         Random unexpected days off when it’s too cold to go out (pro/con?)
  • ·      It doesn't smell bad

Spring pros:
  • ·         Beautiful weather
  • ·         More daylight
  • ·       A few Saturdays “off” for me while the students have subotnik (cancel classes and go pick up trash instead! I tried to help last year, but they insisted I go home. “You shouldn't be cleaning up our trash!” they say. And frankly… I’m ok with that.)

Winter cons:
  • ·         It’s cold (really cold)
  • ·         It’s gray and blah
  • ·         Very little daylight

Spring cons:
  • ·         It’s muddy and dirty (I find myself walking down the road, involuntarily grunting and "ick"-ing my way through inches of mud.)
  • ·         It smells like burning trash and cow manure (I’d nearly forgotten about this part. But it all came rushing back the instant I stepped out of my house on the first clear day of Spring)
  • ·         The dogs start barking at night. Allllll night.


Nevertheless, I’d choose Spring, hands down, every time.

1 comment:

Aames said...

Ok. Dirty poo dog barking v cold dark frozen boogies. (I added that last part). So yeah, Spring it is.