So, here I am in Washington, D.C. killing time until registration/Staging begins tomorrow at noon. I'm feeling pretty good about everything right now, but that wasn't the case a few hours ago. I held it together while saying goodbye to my family at the airport, and have managed to stop myself from crying everytime I felt the tears coming. The hardest part was when the plane landed in D.C. and I felt a mini anxiety attack come on. My heart was beating fast and my hands were shaking... but I knew if I broke down, the businessmen sitting on either side of me would feel crazy awkward. So I again managed to pull myself together and make it off the plane.
After I settled in at the hotel I went for a walk down Wisonsin Ave. I found a nice little park-ish place to sit and eat my dinner (a peanut butter and honey sandwich and some banana bread that I had taken as a lunch, but was too sick with stress to eat it - plus Delta was kind enough to fill me up on peanuts and cookies on the plane). Then I kept walking, and found this!:
The Washington National Cathedral! It was beautiful, and there was a beautiful sunset as well (This really doesn't do it justice).
I sat around the park there for quite awhile before heading back to my hotel and meeting my roommate, Christina! (who is from California, and just happens to be a Mormon, too :) Awesome!)
Note: We both apologize for our ickiness, it's been a long day. :)
So anyway, that's all the excitement for today. I'm now feeling super excited about the next few days... and two years... and now that I have someone else to talk to about all the craziness and fun and stress, I'm quite happy. :)
3 comments:
I also feel better knowing you have a buddy to talk to! Thanks, Christina!
I feel better knowing that Mom feels better knowing that you have a buddy.
Oh I am so glad you have a good friend to experience this with! I love you girl. Please be safe.
Post a Comment